Wednesday, March 19, 2008

texas round-up

Here's another spring fitness event I've signed up for. My office is participating in the Texas Round-Up in a friendly competition between state agencies to see who can get the most employees involved in a basic level of fitness activities, 150 minutes per week for 6 weeks.

The program culminates on Saturday, April 26, with a race. You can choose a 5K or 10K, and there's a "Family Mile" event for those with little ones. The incentive in my workplace is 4 hours of compensatory leave for participating in the race.

Click the title of this post for details.

I'm not much of a runner, probably due to having a small degree of lumbar scoliosis, which is exacerbated by the pounding that accompanies running. But, according to my chiropractors, I've made great strides in getting re-aligned after really starting to focus on this aspect of my fitness last summer, and I'm willing to give running some effort again.

I can always walk the 5K or 10K if I need to! I'm looking forward to my 4 hours off.

No comments:

Post a Comment