Thursday, March 6, 2008

blog analytics

I occasionally run Google Analytics to see how many people visit this blog. Since February 11, when I first got it set up right, I've had 77 visits, 235 pageviews, 3.05 pages viewed per visit on average, the average visitor stays 6 minutes and 19 seconds, and 33.77% are new visits, out of 26 unique visitors overall.

The rest of the information is stuff I don't understand. Maybe I need to take a class in blogging. Or something.

I did get a request from a prospective advertiser. It was an advertiser that I didn't feel repulsed by, too. I said I wasn't ready for advertising yet and thanked them for considering me.

How do you readers feel about seeing ads on this blog? Would it be annoying, or would that be selling out? Let's hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I certainly don't care if you advertise.

    One blog I used to visit now takes up to a minute on my crotchety old mac to load because of all the ads, so I just skip that. That seems like a problem that would be easy to avoid.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Katie. I wouldn't have thought of that. Very good point--ads take longer to load.

    I have blazing T1 access at work and medium high speed at home, so I didn't think of that. I was thinking more of how visually cluttered the blog might look with ads.

    If I ever do accept advertising, it might be wisest to only allow one at a time.

    ReplyDelete