Friday, March 14, 2008

after the master cleanse

Ahh! This is better. Had fresh squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice throughout yesterday and today. Last night I made veggie soup. It was a pleasure to cook again.

Besides drinking as much broth as I wanted for dinner, the best part was picking carrots and spinach out of my garden and putting them into the soup. Hannah and I planted them in the fall. When she returns after spring break, it will be fun to show her our veggies!

Wow, that broth was delicious! It had onions, celery, garlic, golden beets, beet greens, parsnips, carrots, spinach, broccoli, garbanzos, roasted red peppers, parsley, and seasonings.

Had some veggies with the broth for lunch today. Will be eating simply and kindly for a few days before reintroducing dairy, eggs, and fish.

I feel terrific, and I lost about 6 pounds. I'm calling "the monster cleanse" a success, and I'm glad to be done with it for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment