Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the rosedale ride

I have signed up for my first bicycle tour! The Rosedale Ride is Saturday, March 29. Click the title of this post to learn more.

Here's a promo blurb: "Open to cyclists of all abilities, the ride offers different courses to suit anyone. This year the Rosedale Ride has four courses to choose from: a Kid’s Fun Ride; or courses of 20+, 42+ or 62+ miles. The ride begins and ends at Samsung, winding through the gently rolling countryside east of Austin."

Also, there's food, live music, and a silent auction benefitting the Rosedale School, which, I learned, is the only AISD school for children with multiple disabilities.

In case you don't know, a bicycle tour is a group ride for a number of miles. It is not a race. There are pit stops every few miles with energy-boosting food and drink and porta-potties.

I signed up for 20 miles, not really having any idea how far I'll be able to ride. The good news is I can change my mind the day of the tour and stop any time I want to! They have "sag vehicles" for those who can't ride any more. They pick you and your bike up and take you back to the starting place.

I believe I'll challenge myself to find out how far I can ride my bike without getting too sore or drained of energy. I'll post here afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment