Thursday, March 13, 2008

must-see video: author of my stroke of insight

The author of the book I reviewed earlier this month, called My Stroke of Insight, gave a presentation at a conference. An 18-minute video of her presentation is available on the New York Times, along with a brief article.

You can click the title of this post to view the video. If you watch it, please watch it all. It's very compelling. She's a remarkable woman.

Also, I learned in the article that the author has a website. Go to http://www.drjilltaylor.com/index.html if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Anonymous! Yes, this book gives me hope for humanity, too! My friends formed a waiting list to read my copy.

    Imagine a day when we know how to harness which side of our brain, even which section, to apply in the situations we encounter. Imagine if we could just go right-brained for a while every day--how much more balanced we and our society could be.

    ReplyDelete