Tuesday, December 23, 2008

morning thoughts

what are you first aware of when you wake up?

it varies for me. sometimes my waking thought is profound and sets a theme for the day.

sometimes it's monkey mind, chattering 100 mph. that's annoying.

this morning i kept hitting the snooze after awakening from a dream about 2:30 a.m. and being unable to go back to sleep for at least an hour.

i'd hit the snooze, and fall back into a doze, over and over. i noticed that my mind's theater showed me a display of images (visual internal medium range), and at times my attention went to my body (kinesthetic internal and external broad).

being not such a visual person, i enjoy these images and feelings a lot. let the words and self-talk cease! i want pictures and sensations!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite mornings are when I wake up slowly and feel myself move from quiet sleepiness to increasing levels of happiness and expectation. On these mornings, I know something good is going to happen, and I'm filled with light!

    Sometimes, if I'm very worried about something, I'll wake up abruptly, thinking about it. I usually take it as a sign that I need to take action very soon - to either change my perspective or, more likely, do something I've known I've needed to do but have been putting off.

    ReplyDelete