Wednesday, June 11, 2008

reworking a dream

the other day i posted about a dream i had in which i come home late to find a bunch of people at a party in my house. i decline to have everyone cleared out so i can go to bed. the energy shifts AND there are still loose ends. it doesn't feel right to me.

since i recently read "dreaming true" by robert moss and am taking evolutionary NLP and need to turn in a homework assignment, i decided to rework this dream to prep for my homework, a written procedure.

this is possible any time you have a dream that leaves you feeling in a way you'd rather not be feeling.

one of the practices we encountered in eNLP is to notice what you didn't notice before.

moss says to ask for help from allies and protectors. he specified doing that BEFORE going back into a dream, but i applied it to my dream.

i noticed that big al offered to help me. duh! my big al-ly--get it? that's a dream pun. he didn't offer exactly what i wanted, and i declined in the original dream, but hmm, everything can be negotiated.

other possibilities were available.

i asked myself what i did want, and then reworked the dream from there.

so here's the rework: big al offers to clear everyone out. i tell him i have a better idea and ask him to do two things.

first, to gather a few of my trusted friends together. he's very tall and can easily do this. we meet in an empty room.

i tell this group that this party is occurring without my previous knowledge or consent, and that i am very tired. they are concerned--what can they do? i ask them to help wind down the energy and end the party early. also to ask if anyone is willing to give me a short massage and if anyone else would play soothing music to usher me into much-needed rest.

i tell them i would like to have another party--i enjoyed seeing people enjoying my nice big house--that i can plan and enjoy in the not-too-distant future.

i also ask big al to find out who got my code and told people to come to my party without consulting me. i would like to talk with him or her--tomorrow.

big al asks what's on my mind to do with this person. i don't know yet, but i do know now is not the time to decide. maybe i need to hear from them first.

i feel much better about this ending.

about the unwanted guest, i realized he's basically harmless, just sorely lacking in some relationship skills that most of us take for granted.

i also realized that there are people in the body choir crowd whom i enjoy and connect with. i don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because there are some things about BC i don't enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment