Thursday, June 5, 2008

dream: i have a room at work

dreamed on june 1, while staying at glenda's.

i have a room at work. i have an apartment or house elsewhere, but my room at work doesn't match the rest of the workplace. it is more like a room in an old house. the rest of the workplace is very modern, steel, glass, brick. my room has beadboard walls, a single bed, a table and chair, a mini-fridge, a dresser, a computer. very spare.

a few other people have a room at work, but most don't.

groups of people are walking down the halls. these are people i recognize from my waking life job.

i am with some people on the first floor. a large group of people from india are sitting in a dark conference room, watching a presentation. we pass it and come to an area where individuals are sitting at "stations," each watching their own TV screen.

at the end of the hall, there is a stairway to the second foor. i tell my companions i am going to go to my room.

i consider moving entirely into the room. i will save a lot of money if i do this. but my room at work won't hold all my stuff, and it doesn't seem to be entirely private. i have misgivings about doing this.

the cool thing about having this dream is that i awoke aware of having dreamed, but without any memory of the content. i was able to focus on the words "room at work" and the images came back to me. i've lost countless dreams because i couldn't remember. now i have a strategy: focus on something descriptive of the dream and invite the images back.

No comments:

Post a Comment