Tuesday, June 17, 2008

brain agreement

just a short note. this morning i went to see nina davis for my monthly cranio-sacral therapy session.

i was lying on the table, and nina's hands were on my head. i've been calibrating what's happening in my body to the best of my ability.

suddenly i got an image of two parts of my brain, one from the left hemisphere and one from the right, rising up and reaching across the chasm between the hemispheres and shaking hands. they were kind of sponge-like and had arms and hands like spongebob squarepants.

i told nina about it, and she asked about the intention of the handshake.

i reflected and realized it wasn't like these two brain parts were just meeting. they knew about each other. the handshake sealed an agreement between them to work together.

then she worked on the back of my head, and i felt a nice glowing energy all the way down my spine to the tailbone. sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm not sure you can get a better unconscious parts agreement that your hemispheres shaking hands. I love this image. It would be fun to do a guided trance including this image, and play with which hands they were using: "is the right side shaking with its left hand or the right hand? That's right..."

    ReplyDelete