Tuesday, April 1, 2008

accepting scoliosis

I sent a post to the DanceTribes forum about needing people to accept my boundaries. I've danced with a lot of people with big, playful energy, and at this time am not able to dance like that.

I went to Body Choir last night. I've only been a few times for months, where I used to go once or twice a week. I danced mostly by myself, which felt safe.

I feel vulnerable because of the work I'm doing to align my lumbar vertebrae. I didn't want anyone to pick me up or try to dance vigorously with me.

I noticed that I just do not have the desire to move in a way that pounds my back. No chaos! Or, perhaps, chaos lite.

I did a little contact with Brucie on the floor, but felt that sharp shooting pain from the adhesion on my piriformis insertion point. So contact doesn't work. It's 5R all the way, except for chaos.

That said, I enjoyed moving and dancing with Anna Sergi's beautiful program for John and Anna.

And I mentioned in shareback (because apparently a lot of people don't read the forum, like me) that I was working on back problems, and thanked Anna for mentioning in the opening circle that we respect each other's boundaries and we are each responsible for setting our own boundaries.

The good news is that this is taking me out of my unmindful patterns and putting me into a more mindful place. I can always grow--the minute I think I know everything is the minute I'm shutting myself off from learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment