Saturday, April 19, 2008

how to live a good life

Thanks to Alec Nicholls for sending me this link. This is a lecture by Randy Pausch, a married father of 3 and prof at Carnegie-Mellon, who is dying of pancreatic cancer. It's about how to live a good life, how to achieve your childhood dreams.

Which of your childhood dreams have you achieved? Which still await fulfillment?

I achieved one earlier this year, when I spent 3 weeks on Maui.

I have an opportunity to go again, in October, with my teachers Tom & Bobbi Best, for a workshop on Hawaiian shamanism. For details, see http://www.nlpoptions.com/the_spirit_of_hawaii_in_han.html.

I'll decide by the end of June, best time to book airfare for October. If I go, I'll go for 10 days, building in time before Hana to watch a sunrise or sunset at Haleakala, hike the Sliding Sands trail, maybe even bike down the volcano, swim with dolphins at La Perouse Bay, have some hang time at Baldwin Beach, get supplies, camping permit, etc. I'll stay at Peace of Maui lodge those first few days, then camp at Waianapanapa State Park at Hana for the workshop. Cost will be about $2K, I estimate.

Wanna come?

No comments:

Post a Comment