Thursday, April 3, 2008

leadership training

I was lucky enough to get to participate in Franklin-Covey Leadership Training through my job. The trainig lasteed two and a half days. I came away with some good tools.

One of the concepts was WIGs, Wildly Important Goals. The idea is that people do best focusing on THE most important goals, not the Pretty Important Goals (PIGs).

So...with WIGs in mind, I just got some things done. Planted herbs and blackberries that I bought several weeks ago that have just been sitting in pots, wilting, and pulled up my bolting spinach and cooked for dinner. Started my 5 rhythms program for Sunday. Emailed Katie about sharing a ride and lodging in Dallas for Evolutionary NLP April 12-13.

So many things to do, so little time. It's good to find a way to sort what's wildly important to do NOW versus what's pretty important but can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment