Monday, April 14, 2008

workshop: back from Dallas and eNLP

I got back late last night from the first weekend of Evolutionary NLP (eNLP) training with Tom & Bobbi Best. I felt like I got to play with the big kids--most of the attendees had completed their master practitioner training, which still looms large in my future. But the material was definitely down my alley, and I had access to experts to ask questions of, which I did, a couple of times.

I just started getting into NLP last year, reading books and doing the practitioner training. It's a large field devoted to modeling excellence and doing changework, and it's evolving.

eNLP is different every time, I hear. This training focuses on spiritual beliefs and practices and draws on many sources, most uniquely Tom's close connection to the Q'ero shamans in Peru, but including music, poetry, lecture, exercises in the 12 states of attention, awareness, and meditation, practice with a partner, and homework.

I was gratified to learn that Tom found out about Panhala through my blog and also gets fed a poem via email each morning, a sweet way to start the day.

Many thanks to Keith, Katie, and Karan for their company to and from Dallas, and to Glenda for lodging and letting me stay in Lucy's room of treasures, thus influencing my dreams in a good way. Oh, yeah, and thanks for the fluff, Glenda!

I'll be writing more about this as I progress through the training. Meanwhile, click the title of this post to learn more about eNLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment