Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the allium haiku collection

my friend katie raver challenged a group of NLPers to write a haiku celebrating vegetables. people responded! results compiled below.

THE ALLIUM HAIKU COlLECTION
Dedicated to everyone who's ever had garlic breath

Genus Allium:
Italian birth control
Bulbus and alone

Tom Carroll


hungry wok, hot oil
garlic, onions sacrifice
my salivation

Bill Johnson


sweet potato, yam,
delicious orange tubers,
who knows which is which?

Mary Ann Reynolds


What's that smell?

Speak, you freak leek geek.
You smell of earthy poot toots.
On second thought, hush!

Mary Oliver


Garlic is stinky,
But vampires don't bite my neck,
Nor does anyone else

Sherron Shoes


Hairy outside leaf
It's no wonder artichokes
So eat carefully

Alec Nicholls


Papered teardrops clasp
merely garlic scent, no more.
Cry, "Et tu, garlic?"

Kathleen Radebaugh


So little time for chives

Too late, I cried, "Hold,
Babe, keep your green about you!"
My 'taters are nude.

Mike Riggs


Onion Betrayal

Peel the layers....Why?
Only onion air inside.
It stinks, I decide.

Katie Raver


Toss out the onion.
Use a leek instead my friend.
Onion, with color.

Bill Hornback


Tried to write Haiku.
Could not get the rhythm right.
Gone to bed. Goodnight.

Bill Hornback


N L P veg play
Consumes fruitful time feeding
Happy healthy hearts

Alec Nicholls


Little black spider
Weaves webs of golden sunshine
And eats no onions.

Mike Bown


the vegan in winter

love onions, cabbage,
carrots--fruits of late harvest--
miss my tomatoes!

Sherry Bupp


On the chef's knife blade
garlic bits, parched barnacles.
I cooked, didn't clean.

Senor Jaime

Ajo, aglio.
However parsed in the world,
Allium iactum est.

Senor Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment