Monday, February 23, 2009

third visit for NUCCA--adjustment is holding!

Today I had my third visit to Back N Balance, to see how my body is responding to having my atlas adjusted.

Last week (week 2) my atlas needed readjusting.

This week I stayed adjusted! That's thrilling to me.

Dr. Lorenzen watched as I stood on the two-leg scale and my weight would shift slightly from side to side, just from standing straight. Then she used the activator to give gentle taps to my knees, hip joints, sacrum, and some vertebrae.

I am noticing when walking, how dominance can shift from one leg to the other. After my first NUCCA adjustment, I noticed that my left leg was dominant when walking, a major change.

Now I'm noticed dominance can shift, seemingly on its own. After walking, say, 50 steps, dominance switches from left to right. Then it may shift back to the left.

And sometimes...I feel exactly even, like neither leg is dominant.

Maybe that's how normal people feel??? I don't know what normal is.

I am also recognizing with deep gratitude how much my work with Patrice has helped prepare me for this. Hanging upside down gave me the experience of being pulled by gravity the other way and giving me mental flexibility. It also helped stretch tight muscles.

The Z-health foot stretches she taught me have also been phenomenal in giving me strong, flexible feet and ankles. Patrice's acupuncture and her coaching on yoga, nutrition, and organ cleansing have all helped get me much healthier. Her recommendation (and my practice) of meditation has helped me be more aware of energy flows and openings in my own body.

If after two weeks, my body is holding a newly realigned atlas that had been off center for at least 45 years, I must give thanks for Patrice and the work we have done together.

No comments:

Post a Comment