Thursday, January 7, 2010

blogs

I'm considering consolidating both of my blogs into one.

I realized this morning that this blog has many posts that are directly or indirectly about a (my?) path to enlightenment. The poems, the links to articles about the brain, my interest in health, the mind, yoga, spirit, love...

My new blog is a journal of my commitment to sit in meditation for 30 minutes every day for a year.

I could combine these two blogs into one. Perhaps call it Enlightenment Arts, Sciences, and Practices... or something like that.

Going through this blog and deciding which posts to save, and how to label them, and then actually copying or exporting them is a big job.

I am hoping for a snow day to work on that.

So...expect changes!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, changes!

    It might be easier to import all your mareynolds posts into your Zafu blog, and then delete your mareynolds blog. If you google "import blogspot into wordpress.com," there should be a lot of information about how to do this automatically. Note that wordpress.com has some differences from wordpress.org, so pay attention to that.

    Another choice: you could repost your Zafu posts here, and then change the name/URL of this blog.

    There's also a widget you can put in your sidebar that lets readers (or you!) sort through your favorite labels. If it is important to you or readers to be able to quickly look through Zafu vs. non-Zafu posts, you could use lables like "Zafu" and "off Zafu." Readers can even choose to subscribe to certain labels and skip other labels, if you thought that was an important feature.

    I think it's a great idea to consolidate your blogs! It makes surfing them easier, and would probably make administration easier for you, too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MaryAnn, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weight loss


    Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written.will be referring a lot of friends about this.Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete