Monday, May 11, 2009

the end is in sight

the legislative session ends on june 1, and i (one of many) am looking forward to it very much, to having more time and focus to communicate on this, my blog, to catch up on yard work and gardening, and most of all, the downtime i am craving.

what's so special about downtime?

for me, it's a chance to let my mind wander freely, unfocused on any specific task--unless my mind happens to come up with a task that is pleasing to me!

it's a chance to let my body rest and find its own rhythms between activity and receptivity, doing and being.

it's a chance to reconnect with nature--sunshine, fresh air, rain, clouds, sunrises, sunsets, birds, animals, insects (especially their awesome noises!), to tune into the changes through each day and the progression of seasons.

i'm looking forward to swimming in barton springs, to getting up early to beat the heat and enjoy the aura of early morning.

what about you? what do you like about having downtime?

No comments:

Post a Comment