Friday, September 14, 2007

lucky me and the austin city limits festival

it's late on friday afternoon, and i'm killing time at work before 5:30, my official leaving time.

what a fortunate week! a colleague posted an email that she had to sell her ACL tickets for sunday due to a death in the family(lucky for me, not for her), and i bought one. one day is about all i can handle.

then friend linda moore, who works for AT&T headquarters, emailed that she had THREE 3-day passes and wristbands for the AT&T stage to give away.

i promptly called my daughter, who loves events like this but doesn't always have the moolah to attend. she was bummed about not going, so my offer really perked her up. not only did she want a pass, but so did her boyfriend, and hannah gets in free, leaving me a pass to scalp, which i did this morning before work.

i'll make a donation to a cause linda supports (the white tara workshop) and stick the rest into my travel account. i will be that much richer in maui!

then a colleague whose house in rollingwood is being renovated said people could park in his driveway during ACL, so now i have a place to park sunday. it's about as far from my house to republic square for shuttle buses (10 blocks) as it is from his house to the ACL gates, but it's definitely a more scenic, softer walk from his place, and hopefully i can avoid the downtown traffic sunday night after DYLAN!

best is that sunday will be a family day at ACL. hanging out with my daughter, granddaughter, bruce, whomever, or by myself, i will be there for yo la tengo, the jones family singers, STS9, grace potter & the nocturnals, the paul green school of rock all-stars, devotchka, charlie musselwhite, lucinda williams, preservation hall jazz band, either my morning jacket or guy forsyth, ziggy marley, the decemberists, and the grand finale..........bob dylan himself.

i would have liked to see zap mama and the gotan project and a few others playing friday or saturday, but i want to have the energy to really enjoy them, so ... there's always next time.

have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment